If you want to generate unique MusicXML Sight Reading Exercises, you can now do so with OSME! It is completely free and most importantly .. easy! Here is a short video to show you how it’s done!
Not able to watch a video right now? Scroll further down to see written instructions and photos.
- Open opensheetmusiceducation.org
- Click “Generate Sight Reading Practice” from the menu bar on the top right of the page
- Give your exercise a title
- Select the number of measures
- Choose your time and key signatures
- Pick your level of difficulty
- Customize your desired duration and pitch
- Download the MusicXML file by clicking the “download” button on the far right
- Go and practice your sight reading